The Happiness Movement is about discovering your own authentic happiness, and sharing it with family, friends and your community. Happiness is contagious, and our goal is to create a world with more compassion, less strife and a greater sense of purpose and meaning. You can claim responsibility for your own happiness and become a catalyst of happiness in others’ lives.
Collectively, our commitment to long-lasting happiness has the potential to change the world, one person at a time. True joy comes from spreading happiness to those around you. And like a pebble thrown into a pond, it only takes one person to create a ripple of happiness.
Here are some ways you can help foster happiness:
- Smile more often
- Give others the benefit of the doubt
- Cultivate gratitude by focusing on the wonderful people and things in your life
- Keep a gratitude journal (it’s scientifically proven to increase wellbeing!)
- When you read a great article or book about happiness, pass it to friends
- Be generous with your money, your time or whatever you can spare
- Write someone an appreciative email
- Exercise and get outside more—taking care of your physical wellbeing is important!
- Make plans to spend time with people you like
- Seek out service projects, volunteer opportunities or aspects of your faith that add a sense of meaning and purpose to your life
Leave A Comment